Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Slowing Down to the Pace of Summer

 from Bike Path near Great Sippewissett Marsh

Summer Salad
 
"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." ~John Lubbock
 
With my Spring Semester grades in I'm feeling grateful for the gift of summer days with (two of my kids) at home. My son opted for a summer intern position and he's living in Boston. So far, he's loving it and I know he'll still get to visit.
Summer is a time where I want to make more fresh grown salad and fresh berry pies, take more late evening walks by the marsh and soak up the summer sun by the beach with friends. My daughter Bella is home for the summer after finishing her first year at College. She was on her way to her summer job the other day and I offered to make a Summer Salad before she left simply because I'm happy she's home.
As an update I created a new line of book marks with my text and photographs and if you're in town stop by Twigs on Main St. in Falmouth and take a look. With the warmer days ahead I decided to plan a Girls Night Out. We decided to meet at my house for Appetizers and a cold Beverage.
My book "Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen" will be available in November 2015 and I hope to set up fun events to get friends together to celebrate its release because it's something I worked hard on (the food and photos are super fun) and I'm proud of it.
And we had such a harsh winter on the Cape, that I'm looking forward to a bit of slowing down our pace of the hectic school year responsibilities and enjoying some lazy days at the beach. 

No comments: